Tuesday 1 April 2014

Rationale

In the info graphic I created for this assignment I wanted to explore the possibility that life could exist beyond earth. I wanted to keep the animation style very simple and use basic shapes and colours so the information wouldn't get lost in detailed drawings. My original intention was not to use a voice over but after trying to reduce my information down to a bear minimum I found I would have to otherwise the animation would be overrun by text, which is not what I wanted. 

I think the graphic style I used worked well and looked much better once I'd change the colours. I took my inspiration from an existing info graphic about our solar system (I've posted it early on my blog) The overall animation style used in that animation works well and I think I adapted it well to my animation. I liked the idea that elements would zoom in and out and only doing scene changes when new information is presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment